Gluten-free | Vegetarian
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Does anyone else buy a massive packet of OWN corn chips, and always have a few handfuls left that you don’t know what to do with? Well, I do! So, I came up with this resourceful recipe so they don’t go to waste.
These zucchini wedges are a great addition to any meal as a tasty side or appetiser. They are baked, not fried and still super crunchy and fun to eat. A real hit with those picky family members who can be a challenge to convince to eat their zucchini.
Let’s be real, zucchini is not the tastiest or most exciting veggie, but this recipe makes it a real crowd pleaser! Also, if cheese or dairy is not for you, they still work a treat without it, or try a dairy-free parmesan cheese.
- 3 medium organic zucchinis, halved and cut into wedges
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup of finely crushed OWN corn chips
- ¼ cup OWN almond meal
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. A.Vogel spicy Herbamare
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 organic eggs, lightly beaten
- Toss the zucchini wedges in salt and let sit in a colander for 15-20 minutes. This helps draw moisture out so they go nice and crunchy later.
- Preheat oven to 2000. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a shallow bowl combine crushed corn chips, almond meal, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pat zucchini dry and then dip into egg, let excess drip off, then roll the wedges in corn chip mixture. Make sure they are well coated and gently lay on prepared baking tray. Drizzle or spray with your choice of oil.
- Bake in oven for approximately 25 minutes or until wedges start to brown. Turn chips and then return to the oven for 2-3 minutes to brown a little more.
- Remove from oven and serve with a dipping sauce of your choice.
Recipe by Laura Scherian