Gluten-free | Dairy-free | Vegetarian | Nut-free
Prep: 30 minutes
Fresh ribbons of cucumber and carrot, peppery watercress or rocket and juicy orange segments create the base of this salad. Pepitas add a little salty crunch and dried cranberries bring a hit of sweetness. All this is finished off with a zingy orange dressing that will leave you wanting every last ribbon of cucumber on your plate!
This fresh salad is so simple to make and very versatile. It is sure to be a crowd favourite over the festive season or for an easy mid-week dinner, just simply add your choice of protein. Did I mention it is gluten-free, dairy-free and vegetarian? It can also easily be made vegan by removing the honey from the dressing and replacing with maple syrup.
Salads that are full of a variety of fresh fruit and vegetable are an exciting way to bring diversity into your family’s diet and with this comes an abundance of nutrients.
Give it a go! Fresh, tasty, pretty, full of nutrients and easy to make. This salad has it all.
- 1-2 organic cucumbers, sliced into ribbons with a peeler
- 1-2 organic carrots, sliced into ribbons with a peeler
- 2 large handfuls of organic watercress or rocket
- 2 organic oranges, peeled and segmented
- ¼ cup pepitas, lightly roasted and salted
- ¼ cup OWN dried cranberries
- Juice of 1 organic orange
- 2 Tbsp. Absolute Organic olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Global Organics white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Ambrosia raw organic honey
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- In a jar or small bowl combine all dressing ingredients and shake or whisk together well.
- On a serving platter arrange cucumber, carrot, watercress or rocket and orange. Sprinkle with pepitas and dried cranberries.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and serve.
Recipe by Laura Scherian