Dairy Free | Gluten Free | Paleo | Vegan
Prep: 10 minutes
Freeze time: 2-3 Hours
This banana cashew slice is super fun and easy to make. A great recipe to get the kids into the kitchen and involved in making a healthy nutritious snack or dessert. This raw slice ticks plenty of dietary requirements being, dairy free, gluten free, paleo, raw and vegan. However, most importantly it tastes like a choc banana smoothie with a bit of crunch. Yum! This slice is so handy to have prepared in the freezer and is the perfect afternoon snack or easy dessert.
- 2 cup OWN organic cashews
- 2-3 organic bananas, peeled and roughly chopped
- 6 organic medjool dates
- 2 Tbsp. OWN organic cacao powder
- ½ tsp. Simply Organic cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup OWN organic cacao nibs
- ¼ cup OWN organic cashews
- 1 packet Absolute fruitz freeze dried banana pieces
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Pour cashews into a food processor, a pulse for approximately 30 seconds.
- Add to the food processor bananas, dates, cacao powder, cinnamon and salt. Process until a lumpy paste is formed.
- Spread evenly in prepared tin and smooth the surface with a rubber spatula.
- Evenly spread topping ingredients over slice and gently push into slice with fingers.
- Cover and place in the freezer for 2-3 hours. Remove from freezer and slice into 9 bars.
- Store bars in freezer. They are best eaten directly from the freezer.
Recipe by Laura Scherian